Water Intrusions Can Have Lasting Consequences to the Contents and Structure of your Merrimack Home.
SERVPRO of Merrimack is a Local Team of Expert Restoration Technicians.
The town of Merrimack is located within the largest county in New Hampshire State, Hillsborough. This area's common nicknames are the Granite State due to its abundance of quarries and geologically significant rock formations. But the site here goes by another name, The Switzerland of America named so because of its sublime mountain ranges and rivers that run from New England. Merrimack refers to the Sturgeon fish found in massive numbers in the nearby river and is taken from the Pennacook language describing said fish. There is evidence of settlements alongside the Merrimack river dating back to the first ice age. Modern history shows colonial settlements being first established in the mid-seventeenth century with numerous historical importance sites dotted about the 33.4 square miles that make up the town boundaries. The Signer's House in South Merrimack was the former home of the Declaration of Independence signatory Matthew Thornton and remains the only example of period architecture from the 1780s in the state. The adjacent cemetery and Georgian house are preserved by the Historical Society of Merrimack and have listings with the Register of Historic Places.
Merrimack remained a relatively small community until the 19th century, made up of four distinct villages, including South Merrimack, Thorntons Ferry, Reeds Ferry, and Merrimack Village. However, with the invention and subsequent mass production of automobiles, it transformed into a commuter belt for those working in the larger urban areas like Boston. One of the largest employers in the area is Anheuser-Busch, which runs Budweiser breweries that are open to the public for tours and tastings. There are several excellent state parks, including the Wildcat Falls Park and the Twin Bridge Park. The proximity of mountain regions and the Merrimack Valley ensures a passing trade of outdoor enthusiasts who can take the opportunity to go skiing during the winter months and hiking trails and cycle rides. Reeds Ferry remains an excellent shopping destination with routes as an early trading outpost while historic sites can prove popular with tourists throughout the year. America's Stonehenge, located in nearby Salem, shows monolithic stone structures that pre-date Christopher Columbus's arrival and mimic those found in early Britain. These structures are the oldest examples of appearances on North American soil.
- The Anheuser-Busch Brewery just off the Daniel Webster Highway in Merrimack originally opened in 1970 and celebrates its 50th year in 2020. The brewery here produces world-famous brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Redbridge, and Butsch beers. Set among Merrimack county's hillsides, visitors can enjoy a two-hour tour taking them through the brewing process from hop to pint glass.
- The Signer's House and Thornton Cemetery was initiated into the Register of Historic Places in 1978. It is a Georgian period structure initially built in 1780 and was the home to Declaration of Independence Signer George Thornton. Walking tours are conducted through these historic sites showing the burial sites and educating the public on the Ferry landing, which overlooks near Litchfield.
- The Twin Bridge Park and Kids Kove is a small public park for picnicking and taking kids down to the nearby Brook. There is ample parking for a weekend trip, while the relatively short walking trails are ideal for short hikes with young children. The park was established around thirty years ago and remained a popular day out for residents.
Eating out at Merrimack's American Diners and Restaurants.
- Merrimack's cuisine is typically American tradition, with much of the produce sourced from the nearby Merrimack River and surrounding green lands. The primary foods here are warm and welcoming plates of seafood and steaks with many locations featuring excellent outdoor eating patios during the summer months.
- Buckley's Great Steaks is on the more expensive side of the culinary offerings in Merrimack, which is situated on the Daniel Webster Highway nearby to the Anheuser-Busch brewery. The atmospheric dining room features a Tudor-style beamed ceiling, while the menu is a delightful offering of prime cuts.
- The Common Man Restaurant just down the road from Buckleys is a hub for the local community who share a taste for American hamburgers, sides, and salads. The upstairs bar is typically friendly and welcoming for both locals and visitors passing through.
- For seafood, Lobster Boat Restaurant is the go-to venue for great food and excellent service. What the Lobster Boat lacks in a high-end atmosphere, it more than makes up for in simple, fresh-produce that is cooked to perfection. A hole in the wall type eatery for those looking for a non-touristy dining spot.
SERVPRO of Merrimack Provides Exceptional Water Removal Services to Residents in Need
Water intrusion can severely damage your property and possessions. The likely causes of these events can be frozen pipes during the winter months or heavy rainfall that can overload drainage systems. Unfortunately, the consequences of water intrusion are often the same for all homeowners. Furnishings can lose their shape or color while walls and ceilings begin to crack and peel. Homeowners with hardwood fittings can often find floorboards buckling or warping due to water exposure. SERVPRO is a professional outfit that can help to rescue your home and contents by providing quick-drying equipment. Using psychrometric science, our technicians can speed up the drying process and return your home to a preloss condition, "Like it never even happened."
- SERVPRO technicians hold industry-approved certifications awarded by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certifications body. Our licenses allow us to clean and dispose of hazardous materials that may be present, or have entered, your home.
- Licensed professionals can help to recover damages faster, thereby reducing potential losses associated with water intrusion events.
- Recovering possessions and belongings from potential water exposure damages require skill and experience. Our technicians have a range of equipment and products to perform an effective solution.
If your home suffers from a water intrusion event, do not hesitate. Contact SERVPRO of Merrimack at (603) 262-9293.