Flood Damage Waste Water Disposal in Amherst After a Storm
Can wastewater be disposed of in a sanitary sewer line after flood damage?
Floodwaters may contain various chemicals, bio-hazards, and debris that may be harmful to the environment and the general population. Every city has guidelines in place for the disposal of wastewater, including contaminated water from a flood.
SERVPRO follows all local and state guidelines for the disposal of flood damage wastewater in Amherst and the surrounding areas that we provide emergency services too. There are general guidelines followed by our firm, which are adjusted to meet any local requirements as needed.
General rules for disposal of flood damage wastewater, consistent across the country, include:
- Do not dump wastewater in septic tanks, and storm drains, streams or waterways
- Utilize a licensed wastewater treatment facility if a sanitary line is not available
- Most states allow clean, gray, and black water to be disposed of in a treated sanitary sewer line
- A Bio-hazard Firm must handle wastewater with bio-hazards
- Wastewater is filtered to prevent insoluble fibers from being released
Contact SERVPRO of Merrimack for flood damage services in Amherst and surrounding areas. We can help 24/7. Call (603) 262-9293.