Protect Your Merrimack Home from Flood Damage
SERVPRO Can Help Merrimack Residents Recover from Flood Damage
It is never too late to protect your Merrimack home from flooding. If you anticipate flooding or are concerned that your home could be exposed to contaminated floodwaters, taking the following steps to protect your home may be in order:
- Evaluate the risk of flooding and listen to local flood authority broadcast warnings
- Move appliances and contents to the upper areas of your home
- Ensure electrical generators and sump pumps are fully operational
- Install backflow prevention valves to prevent sewage backflow
- Place sandbags in appropriate locations
- Plan your evacuation route
SERVPRO provides flood damage cleanup services in Merrimack and can help clients recover from flooding to their homes and outbuildings. If you must evacuate, shut off your utilities, move to higher ground, and do not drive or walk through flooded areas.
Once the authorities allow residents to return to their homes, check for damage and throughout all food that floodwaters have contaminated and call SERVPRO for help with the cleanup. We will assess the damage and recommend what can be cleaned and saved vs. what contents and structure must be removed and restored. Immediate removal of flood waters and debris can also mitigate further damage from moisture wicking into undamaged flooring and porous materials.
Our SERVPRO team follows the time-proven and industry-approved step-by-step flood damage restoration process:
- Assessment of the damage, scope of cleanup vs. controlled demolition needed
- Erection of safety fences, board up of damaged doors, windows, and roof punctures
- Debris removal and controlled demolition
- Flood water removal, drying, and cleaning of all contents and structure, including electrical and heating systems
- Reconstruction and restoration of your home inside and out.
Call SERVPRO of Merrimack for flood damage cleanup services. We provide service to Merrimack and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (603) 262-9293.