What Factors Allow Mold to Grow in My Locker Room Showers?
Humidity in locker rooms needs to be monitored continuously. Should mold develop, call SERVPRO to assess and remediate the mold damage.
Commercial Mold Remediation for Merrimack Gyms Stops Microbes in Their Tracks
Locker room showers in gyms and Merrimack public facilities need to take mold remediation efforts seriously to keep the area safe and comfortable for customers. However, there are times when the microbial growth is more than daily custodial cleaning can fully mitigate.
SERVPRO provides mold remediation for Merrimack businesses in need of a higher standard of cleanliness. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified crews to perform mold mitigation services as well as remove any water damage that may be contributing to mold growth on your property.
How Mold Accumulates in Locker Room Showers
- Ventilation limitations. Ventilation is a must for keeping relative humidity below levels that are ideal for mold growth. Water vapor from showers instead clings to porous surfaces like towels, rugs, and cleaning brushes. Keep porous items clean and dry to prevent the spread of mold.
- Excess humidity. Too much humid air combined with hours of hot water usage a day can quickly lead to mold growth—lower mold risk by setting the AC lower or investing in dehumidifiers for your facilities.
- Dirt buildup. Mold is not an indicator that your showers are dirty. Still, it cannot grow without the right environment and consumption of organic material like dust and dirt—clean showers daily, especially in hard-to-reach areas like ceilings and grout.
SERVPRO’s Sanitation Measures
Disinfection is key to eliminating or at least limiting, microbes and mold spores. After securing a mold-affected area for cleanup, SERVPRO technicians use a variety of tools to combat shower mold, including:
- Agitating brushes to remove loose mold deposits
- HEPA filter air scrubbers for catching and removing spores floating in the air
- Wet cleaning with detergent solutions targeted at curbing microbial growth
SERVPRO of Merrimack provides businesses with Faster to Any Size Disaster remediation and mitigation services when you call (603) 262-9293.
How Flood Water Absorption Varies Throughout Merrimack Homes
Has your home experienced flooding? Contact SERVPRO for water removal equipment and the experienced technicians to get the job done right.
Understanding the Movement of Moisture can Help Focus Drying and Cleaning Efforts for Flooded Merrimack Homes
Flooding can vary from one property to the next. Likewise, the path that floodwater and moisture take in the residence is not the same. Inspections and assessments determine the best drying and restoration strategies.
The Intrusion of Flood Effects
The penetration of water and subsequent flood damage to Merrimack homes can be traumatic. The physical force necessary to overcome entry points and vulnerable building materials can leave many structural elements compromised.
The Permeability of Exposed Materials
There are several types of materials and building elements that could become damaged by migrating flood effects. Based on their permeance, specific actions must take place to prevent avoidable demolition and reconstruction. Classifications include:
- Porous – Carpets, gypsum board, and textiles absorb water and moisture fast and can be quickly overwhelmed and damaged when extraction and drying do not begin soon.
- Semi-Porous – The materials under this heading can slowly absorb moisture and water, and with many of them organic materials, they can also support microbial colonization.
- Non-Porous – These materials do not draw in moisture and are typically unaffected by standing water or pooling.
Harnessing Drying Sciences to Help Restore Your Home
Knowing what type of material can be beneficial to restoring a flood-damaged residence, understanding the expected behavior of intruding water can also help. We can often identify the likely path of migrating water beyond tracking equipment based on wet areas seeking a balance with dry spaces nearby. We can use this knowledge to place drying and moisture management tools effectively.
Knowing how certain materials become affected by flooding and water damage shows the attention necessary to dry and restore these elements. Our SERVPRO of Merrimack team can respond fast after flooding to assess the damage and create a tailored restoration solution. Give us a call today at (603) 262-9293.
Our Professionals Are Ready To Restore Your Merrimack Business After A Water Damage Disaster
Commercial water damage repair is no easy task. SERVPRO has the manpower and equipment for any size disaster.
Commercial Water Damage Merrimack – Wet Carpet and a Leaky Window
Imagine the surprise a guest of a motel recently received when he and his wife got out of bed one morning. Not only did the couple not get a lot of sleep due to the lightning and thunder the previous night, but the couple was also surprised to step onto a wet carpet. The carpet was soaked, and the water was cold as well. Fortunately, their clothes and suitcases were not on the floor.
SERVPRO responds to commercial water damage incidents in Merrimack and surrounding areas. The motel owner faced refunding the night's charges to the couple and taking that particular room off the availability list for at least a week.
Cleaning & Drying the Carpet
While the storm had moved on, there was still the wet carpet, and of course, the window needed to be repaired. It was not obvious where the leak occurred; however, the occupants recall a driving rainstorm that seemed to come straight at the window.
SERVPRO can respond to situations like these on a 24/7 basis and usually within 4 hours of calling our office. While the owner is making arrangements to have the window looked at, we can remove water and moisture from the carpeted floor using a weighted extractor. A weighted extractor is a heavy-duty water vacuum with a technician riding on it to add extra weight to squeeze every last drop of water from the flooring material.
After removing all of the water damage, we introduce air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out the room further and return the motel room to normal humidity levels. SERVPRO understands the urgency of completing the work quickly in cases like these as well as the need to minimize disruption to other guests. We can work closely with the motel manager to minimize any disruption as much as possible.
Call SERVPRO of Merrimack at (603) 262-9293 for 24/7 service. We proudly serve Milford, Mt. Vern, and surrounding areas. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Can Dehumidifiers Dry a Wet Property in Merrimack?
Water damage restoration for your home could be a problem. SERVPRO IICRC certified techs are trained and experienced in all phases of water damage.
What is the Fastest Way to Dry a Wet Property?
Dehumidification can speed up the drying process, but for efficient drying and mitigation, SERVPRO uses water removal equipment. This equipment can be up to 900 times more effective.
Drying a property relies on using the right resources and equipment. Most Merrimack water restorers opt for extraction equipment over dehumidification because it provides quick results. A water extractor, sometimes referred to as hot water extraction, uses a heating element combined with negative air pressure. Usually, this equipment is fitted to a truck mount, which provides the necessary power for both vacuuming and heating. At the return side of the equipment, a restorer can use a range of fittings to remove water from walls, carpeting, fabrics, or furnishing. Water extractors using light-wands are useful for areas of restrictive access.
Is Equipment Essential in Drying a Property?
- Submersible water pumps have a range of versatile uses for both solid waste and subterranean water removal
- Hot water extractors which can be adapted to the requirements of the situation
- Rapid air-movers can help to promote airflow, which encourages evaporation
Is Dehumidification Necessary to Dry Out Indoor Spaces?
One of the risks of drying a wet property is that evaporating moisture can raise relative humidity. Higher levels of humidity can result in condensation damages as well as microbial growth concerns. SERVPRO uses dehumidifiers in a property to maintain control over conditions while applying more effective drying equipment like axial air-movers. The average time to completely dry property is around five days. However, molds can reach full growth in as little as seventy-two hours in the right conditions. Therefore, it is essential to maintain control over indoor humidity levels to prevent secondary damage while conducting primary water restoration.
If you require assistance with a water emergency, contact SERVPRO of Merrimack at (603) 262-9293.
What Should Merrimack Businesses Expect from Commercial Mold Damage Clean Up?
Mold remediation for your commercial building is an easy choice. SERVPRO has you covered from start to finish on every project we take.
SERVPRO’s IICRC-Certified Technicians Help Merrimack Businesses Handle Mold Damage Safely
There are numerous steps and techniques required to handle mold remediation in a safe, effective manner. SERVPRO is the team to call whenever you notice black mold growth in one or more areas of your commercial property. We will come in for an assessment and put a plan of action together to clean all impacted surfaces and battle foul odors. Once our crew gets done, your commercial space gets Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Mold damage in Merrimack is never a task to tackle on your own or by your interior cleaning crew. Spores can easily dislodge and spread during a DIY clean-up, but our team understands best practices to get the project done right the first time. These are some techniques that you may see us using during mold remediation:
- Containment – Sealing off areas where mold is detected helps keep spores from traveling through the air and into unaffected zones.
- Negative Air Pressure – Setting up negative air pressure within a containment zone helps keep spores from spreading. We might use HEPA filtration to pull spores and other airborne contaminants from the area, which leaves clean, fresh air behind.
- Vent and Door Sealing – Before starting remediation, doors and air vents in other areas of the business must be sealed off to prevent spores from spreading. This includes the HVAC system, which should get turned off the minute mold growth is suspected.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Along with foot cover, our crew wears protective coverings, eye protection, and breathing apparatus to ensure safety throughout the mold remediation at your business property. Wearing the PPE during clean-up and removing them before re-entering clean zones helps to prevent further tracking.
Never spread mold spores unknowing with DIY commercial mold remediation. Contact SERVPRO of Merrimack at (603) 262-9293, and we can send our mold specialists out as soon as possible.
Who Can I Call When My Amherst Kitchen Has Cooking Fire Damage?
Protein fire residue is hard to clean. SERVPRO is trained and equipped to remove all traces of the fire.
Accredited Disaster Mitigation Technicians Can Clean Fire Damage in Your Amherst Home
Kitchen fires in the Amherst area, depending on what is burning, can be slow-burning at low temperatures or fast-burning, high-heat flames that can diminish quickly with the help of a kitchen fire extinguisher. However, when fire proteins are thrown into the mix, these damages take on a new dimension of complexity that needs professional care for complete removal.
When protein fire damages your Amherst home’s kitchen and leaves behind hard-to-clean soot and foul odors, SERVPRO technicians stand ready to return your kitchen’s structure and contents to a preloss state. This team adheres to both local regulations and Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for disaster mitigation to maintain your kitchen.
What Sets Protein Residues Apart from Other Types of Fire Damage?
When meat, poultry, or fish burns in a kitchen fire, it can impart almost invisible residues that are difficult to clean without professional intervention. Here is what you need to know about protein fires:
- Burnt proteins can leave behind a distinctly rancid, meaty odor that can worsen with time.
- Protein residues require extra care to mitigate because they can penetrate porous surfaces more deeply.
- Resealing or repainting may be needed to eliminate the smell, even with a professional-grade cleaning.
- If your kitchen has suffered a protein fire, avoid contacting surfaces affected by residues to minimize the spread of foul odors.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Protein Fire Damage from My Home?
The most important aspect of removing protein residues is altering them so that we can perform cleaning more effectively. SERVPRO accomplishes this with the help of enzyme digesters that “eat” protein soils and make them into water-soluble byproducts for easy cleaning water, ammonia, or detergent solutions.
SERVPRO of Merrimack wants to keep your home looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (603) 262-9293 to begin the mitigation process.
Harsh Weather Conditions Can Force You to Leave Your Amherst Home
Storm damage can result in your temporarily relocating. SERVPRO is your one stop shop for storm damage remediation.
What should I do after Evacuating my Amherst Property in a Storm?
Severe weather conditions can force you to evacuate your Amherst home temporarily. SERVPRO can help to secure and restore the property until it is safe to return.
What Services are Available for Homeowners That are Temporarily Relocated Due to a Storm Emergency?
Our services operate within the margins of first responders and remodeling for homes with storm damage in Amherst. One of the hardest challenges homeowners face during testing weather is the stress of temporarily evacuating their homes. It can be tough to focus on work or life when you are unsure of the safety of your property and possessions. Our team incorporates general contractor training programs (OSHA) into our qualifications and expertise. OSHA qualifications mean we are capable of performing emergency remediation and reconstructive restoration. After speaking with your insurance provider, you should immediately contact a restoration service to reduce the chances of further loss or looting while your property is vacant.
What Can I do to Secure a Property That is Currently Vacant Due to a Violent Weather Event?
Professional restorers can enter, scope, and seal a property that is temporarily vacated due to weather-related emergencies. Setting up security in and around your property can help to deter criminal activities while the home is vacant. SERVPRO restorers can set up clear signage as well as boarding up broken windows or doors using robust materials to prevent unlawful entry. Also, our technicians can prevent further water intrusion by sealing upper levels from the elements. These may include installing temporary tarpaulins over any gaps in roofing or structure that stop rainwater from entering the property. At the ground level, our team can block entrance ways to prohibit further water intrusion from the roads or neighborhoods.
How Can I Protect my Possessions After Temporarily Vacating My Home During a Storm?
Leaving your home in an emergency can force you to leave most of your possessions behind. As part of our emergency services package, we can offer residents secure storage for their contents during the restoration. While it is more convenient and less time-consuming to keep contents on-site, there are some situations where contents could become damaged or unsafe in a storm-damaged structure. A move-out process involves creating a digital inventory of the contents in your home. We enlist professional movers to transport these items to a climate-controlled warehouse for cleaning, drying, and storage until we can safely bring them back to the structure. Our team makes a note of the location in the home of any contents that require removal so we can put them back in their original position when they are ready to return to the property.
What Contents Restoration Services can I Expect From a Move-Out?
- Dry cleaning of fabrics and textiles
- Decontamination and cleaning
- Storage in a climate-controlled warehouse
- Immersion cleaning for dense items
- Esporta washing that can remove up to 99% of soils
- Deodorization of textiles and contents that are odorous
- Full accountability, insurance protection, and security while items are in storage
Do I need to wait for an insurance adjuster estimate before starting an emergency restoration?
We work closely with insurance adjusters when performing any restoration works on a property, and usually producing estimates is done before work begins. However, in storm-related damages, it can be challenging to produce a full estimate until emergency services at the property are complete. Often properties with significant water intrusion are impossible to fully assess before reducing the standing water levels. Equally, there may be structural damage that is not immediately apparent until further restoration and inspections are complete. Most of the time, emergency restoration is already underway before a resident receives an estimate. By performing mitigation tasks as quickly as possible, we can reduce the chances of further harm coming to your home.
What Kind of Hidden Damages Can Occur in a Property With Significant Water Intrusion (Flooding) and Storm Impact?
- Flooding of the properties cavities, including floors and ceilings
- Warping of the structural frame, which can require remodeling or reconstruction
- The extent of water migration. Blackwater migration can result in significant demolition and reinstallation of building materials to return it to a preloss condition.
- Mold or other microbial growth-related damages
- Condensation water damage. For example, water migration from a crawl space with no vapor-barriers
- Damages to the electrical or plumbing systems within the home
The impact of storm damages to a property can often feel overwhelming to a homeowner. Many potential sources of damage can make restoration a significant undertaking. Our technicians are here to help mitigate against expensive or permanent damages to both your home and contents. By performing timely emergency and mitigation procedures, we can bring down the overall expense of your claim as well as reducing the time frame to return your home to a preloss condition.
If you are temporarily relocated from your home due to a storm, contact SERVPRO of Merrimack at (603) 262-9293.
Can Water Restoration Professionals Save Soaked Merrimack Floors?
When water damaged this kitchen, we were there. We used drying mats to thoroughly dry hardwood floors.
We Pull Out All the Stops for Merrimack Floor and Water Mitigation and Remediation - Why SERVPRO Delivers Outstanding Results
Floors take a real beating after burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or basement flooding in Merrimack. Water restoration experts leverage the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) best practices to provide positive outcomes for most hard flooring.
Why Does SERVPRO Sometimes Change Strategies When Merrimack Hard Floors Need Water Restoration Help?
Homes contain a variety of flooring materials, some handling water removal efforts in Merrimack better than others. Our crews choose the most successful strategies, why SERVPRO considers the severity of the water damage and the durability of the flooring materials.
- Laminate or Vinyl Tile Flooring - Laminate or vinyl flooring is inexpensive and popular. Vinyl tiles glue down, while laminates sandwich a photographic applique layer and inner core between synthetic overlays. After water damage, rapid peeling or delamination occurs, and installation adhesives fail. The subfloor can survive after professional water extraction and drying, but the decorative tiles nearly always require tear-out and replacement.
- Hardwood Floors - Homeowners prize hardwood floors, which is why SERVPRO invests considerable training and equipment for its restoration. Promptly removing water is the key. SERVPRO uses negative air pressure drying mat systems and selective removal hardwood sections to uncover water and provide access for effective structural drying techniques. We also utilize rolling pin-prick holes through “waterproof” finishes to allow evaporation
- Ceramic Tile - Tiles that “pop up” signal that water drained through cracked or unsealed grout to cause the subfloor to swell. The tiles themselves rarely show damage and can be reset and regrouted. SERVPRO concentrates on drying out the subfloor from underneath or aiming warm, dry air from above after strategically removing a few tiles.
- Concrete and Asphalt Tiles - These floors ride through most flooding after professional water removal, cleaning, disinfection, and drying.
You have a lot “riding” on your floors; that is why SERVPRO of Merrimack endeavors to do all possible to restore them. Call (603) 262-9293 to review your options.
Do You Struggle with a Constantly Wet Basement in Merrimack?
SERVPRO offers water removal and solutions for wet basements in Merrimack
Lasting Solutions for Wet Merrimack Basements
Some Merrimack homeowners struggle with keeping parts of their property dry throughout the year, which can cause damages and potential hazards for those living in the house. The basement can prove especially challenging when the house must contend with the saturated ground surrounding the foundation walls or water seeping up through the concrete floors to make the area persistently damp.
Finding solutions that can not only address the immediate concern of the wet basement in your Merrimack home but also help to safeguard it from moisture and water damage in the future is not as difficult as it might seem. With the proper professional assistance, like our certified SERVPRO technicians, we can address the immediate damage to the materials in this affected portion of the house and install equipment or modify the basement's layout to divert water.
Water Damage Restoration Steps
Our SERVPRO professionals first assess the severity of the situation by determining the full measure of the water damage. Next, we closely inspect exposed materials for any signs of mold growth to prevent spores from colonizing and causing more substantial damages to the basement. Finally, we can work to prevent any future growth of mold colonies by spraying potential host materials with an antimicrobial spray which makes the material uninhabitable for a colony to use.
While our crew works tirelessly to dry out the current saturated materials and environment, we also determine the best solutions to prevent recurrences moving forward. Assessing the structural weakness of block-work and repairing it can be an effective step. We can also install a sump pump and direct water and moisture to this device with new grading to the concrete flooring. This pump can successfully divert water away from the basement and only runs when it has water to remove, keeping it working better and saving you money on added utility costs throughout the years to come.
Many homeowners think of the immediate problem and address the damage that has already occurred rather than safeguarding for the future. Our SERVPRO of Merrimack response team can use the full measure of our talent and experience to restore your property and protect it from mold growth and water damage for the future. (603) 262-9293.
What To Do When the Fire Alarm System in Your Merrimack Bookstore Causes Mold Damage
SERVPRO provides rapid water and mold cleanup and remediation to keep your Merrimack bookstore open for business
Mold Damage Caused by Your Fire Alarm System Malfunction
Finding mold damage in your bookstore is probably up on the list of things that you do not want to happen in your shop. Mold decays organic material, and because books are made from trees, it is not exactly ideal. Not to mention, mold can cause health effects.
Unfortunately, a false fire alarm can bring a lot of trouble to your bookstore and ultimately lead to mold damage in Merrimack. The sprinkler system soaks everything, and if you try to handle the water damage on your own without calling for professional help, it can cause even more problems for you in the long run. Should you miss any water, it becomes the perfect feeding ground for mold in as little as three days. Fortunately, it is not too late to call a restoration service company to handle the mold.
When you call SERVPRO, we make it our priority to get to your property as quickly as we can. We understand that many types of property damage are time-sensitive, and we have worked this knowledge into the same way we run our business. Mold damage can ruin your stock the longer that it stays in your store.
IICRC Trained Water and Mold Damage Technicians
When SERVPRO arrives at the scene, our IICRC-certified technicians can section off the area of your bookstore that is damaged. Creating a barrier makes it so the mold that we agitate cannot spread to another part of your store.
SERVPRO can box up any undamaged books, and we can take count of any that are ruined to make an inventory of what you lost. While we begin remediation, we can set up an air scrubber with carbon filters to capture airborne spores and neutralize the odor that mold leaves behind. We can use disinfectant to clean any mold from surfaces and an antifungal agent to help prevent regrowth.
Do not stop to consider what you can do when you find mold growing in your bookstore. Call (603) 262-9293 to contact SERVPRO of Merrimack. We strive to arrive swiftly so we can help return your store to its preloss state.